This recipe is a twist on traditional pecan pie. I first tasted this delicious pie at a relative’s house in Louisiana. Now, I make several of these every Thanksgiving because my family loves them.
Makes 2 pies.
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cup pecan pieces
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- pinch of baking soda
- 2 pie crusts (I use ready-made pie crusts)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In medium bowl, stir baking soda into buttermilk.
3. Add remaining ingredients to the buttermilk and baking soda mixture in the bowl. Blend all ingredients together.
4. Spray two pie pans with cooking spray. Place one pie crust in each pan. Press into pan and pinch edges.
5. Pour into two regular pie shells.
6. Bake until golden brown. The baking time for my pies is around 30 minutes. Baking time will vary, depending on your oven.
7. Cool. Cut. Enjoy!